2010 is officially halfway over. I know this because it is hot, my birthday is approaching, and my “quote-a-day” calendar at my desk is half as fat as it was when I received it as a Christmas present.
I started out this year with exeedingly high expectations. So far, it has been both a great year and a trying year, and overall not at all what I expected. That’s life, right?
Highlights of 2010 so far include developing a yoga teaching schedule, my week of vacation, the trip to Chicago with Andy, closing on our home, the Indigo Girls concert, my trip to California, and all three weddings this month.
Things to look forward to for the rest of 2010: continued success in my goals, my birthday, teaching at a yoga retreat, attending Anatomy and Alignment, my sister moving closer to me to attend ISU, our two-year anniversary, Andy’s birthday, and of course the holidays.
Anyway, it’s about time for my quarterly goals update. Read part one here.
Goals accomplished first quarter of 2010:
- Finish YogaFit Level 1 community service requirement and receive Level 1 certification.
- Attend YogaFit Level 2.
- Hold a headstand for ten breaths (with or without a wall).
- Establish a solid yoga teaching schedule, with at least one regular class.
- Quit the gym.
- Find a good way to develop a home practice and join yogaglo.com
- Get a blogroll going with other yogi/nis/interesting bloggers
- Re-read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
- Take a week off from my full-time job (guilt-free) and spend it with my husband and dogs.
- Spend a night in Chicago with my husband.
- Get in a career position that affords Andy and I both full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Sing Karaoke in public.
- Send someone flowers.
- Go to a zoo.
- Treat myself to fresh flowers for the house twice.
- Eat nothing fried for two weeks.
- Get family pictures done (me, the hubby, and the two dogs).
- Discover a new musician that I love.
- Send Niko home happily.
- Sell the clarinet(s).
- Learn to make sugar cookies just like my grandma does. (this was a lifetime goal)
Goals accomplished second quarter of 2010:
- Hold a handstand for five breaths (with or without a wall). -done with the wall. Without the wall can be a 2011 goal : )
- Re-read A Tale of Two Cities.
- Re-read the Harry Potter series. – it’s just as good, or better, than the first time through
- Own our home. -okay so we don’t own it, we own the debt attached to it.
- Get a pedicure. -loved it!
- Watch the sun rise once.
- Win something. -I won a giveaway from Callah at My Yoga Life, and I also won a Visa gift card at work. Sweet!
- Go see a concert.
- Clean out my Gmail inbox – save fewer than 300 conversations (over 2,100 and counting). -this was tough but I felt better afterwards
- Get in a hot tub!
- Go rollerblading.
- Purchase a houseplant and keep it alive.
- Be a source of support and encouragement for my two oldest friends who are both getting married in June 2010.
- See the Indigo Girls in concert again. (this was a lifetime goal)
Goals in progress:
- Write for On the Mat at least twice a week, every week.
- Have at least one hit daily.
- Always have my next book picked out while I’m reading my current book.
- Use the credit cards only for emergencies (and remember that shopping at Target is not an emergency).
- Kiss Andy good night every night.
- Keep the dogs caught up on flea/heartworm medicine at all times.
- Spend more quality time with my quality hubby.
- No overdraft fees in 2010.
- No speeding tickets in 2010.
- Continue limiting caffeine (1 drink per week if at all).
How is 2010 going for you?