It’s March 22, do you know where your new years resolution is?
Since the year is just about 25% over already (WHOA!), I decided to do an update about how I’m doing on the list of goals I made last December. So today I’ll blog a little bit about the goals I have attained already this year.
- Finish YogaFit Level 1 community service requirement and receive Level 1 certification.
- Attend YogaFit Level 2. – Blogged about here and here.
- Hold a headstand for ten breaths (with or without a wall). – Done with the wall, hope to do without the wall by the end of the year
- Establish a solid yoga teaching schedule, with at least one regular class. – more here
- Quit the gym.
- Get a blogroll going with other yogi/nis/interesting bloggers – see the space to your right!
- Re-read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.
- Take a week off from my full-time job (guilt-free) and spend it with my husband and dogs. – It was fabulous!
- Spend a night in Chicago with my husband. – see Chicago yoga here.
- Get in a career position that affords Andy and I both full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Sing Karaoke in public. – I sang at a karaoke party. It was on private property, but in front of strangers, so I decided it counts.
- Go to a zoo.
- Eat nothing fried for two weeks. – This was tough. Not so tough because I love fried food (and I do, oh I do), but because I forgot how much is fried. Before I realized it, I had stolen a half-inch long French fry off of Andy’s plate at dinner. But it was just one and it was unintentional, so I decided it still counts.
- Get family pictures done (me, the hubby, and the two dogs). – see them here.
- Send Niko home happily.
- Discover a new musician that I love. – Ingrid Michaelson
- Sell the clarinet(s) and use the money for yoga trainings. – this I can only consider half done, because I sold the clarinet, but I’m using the money to go to San Francisco over Memorial Day weekend to visit a friend from high school. But that will be just as awesome as a yoga training. And feel free to send Bay Area yoga studio recommendations my way!
- Go rollerblading.
- Find a good way to develop a home practice and join yogaglo.com – Joined yogaglo and reviewed it here. Home practice has its ups and downs.
- Send someone flowers. – my mom
Year-long goals that I’m doing well on:
- Always have my next book picked out while I’m reading my current book.
- Read five books of non-fiction that aren’t memoirs. – have read three
- Practice some sort of yoga (30 min minimum) every day for 30 days. Do this twice. – I did this in January, and blogged about it too many times to link it!
- Write for On the Mat at least twice a week, every week.
- Purchase a houseplant and keep it alive. – I didn’t purchase the plant, it was given to me in January. It’s currently still alive, although leaning precariously…
- Use the credit cards only for emergencies (and remember that shopping at Target is not an emergency). – Haven’t put anything on the cards all year : )
- Kiss Andy good night every night. – have only missed the nights one of us is out of town – and smooched over the phone those nights!
- Call my grandparents on their birthdays. – successful so far
- Continue limiting caffeine (1 drink per week if at all). – have probably had two caffeine drinks this year, if that.
- No overdraft fees in 2010.
- No speeding tickets in 2010. – although I did get pulled over for speeding…darn lead foot. I’m a yoga teacher, I’m not supposed to be in such a hurry all the time!
- Go an entire day without checking any email, facebook, twitter, wordpress, etc. Spend the day doing productive things on this list. Do this six times. – have done this twice. Makes me feel equal parts panicked and liberated.