I am ready to start building a yoga library. I love all things books, which is obvious if you ever visit my home, and it’s time to get serious about the theory behind the asana.
Last week I issued a request on twitter for yoga book suggestions. I got a lot of responses (thanks @YogaSweetie, @sweatydarla, @yoga_mydrishti, @cmcriverdawn, and @MicheleLMBT!). Here are the suggestions I’ve received:
- Yoga Mind, Body and Spirit – Donna Farhi
- Teaching Yoga – Mark Stephens
- Journey into Power – Baron Baptiste
- The Inner Tradition of Yoga – Michael Stone
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice – TKV Desikachar
- Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness – Erich Schiffman
- Yoga: A Gem for Women – Geeta Iyengar
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
Are there anything important I’m missing? Of course the Gita is on my list for someday, too.
If you’ve read these books, what did you think?